Have Your Energy Needs Changed?
The normal ebb and flow of life can mean changes within your household. These changes can have an impact on your fuel requirements. Regardless of the need, Eastern is there for you every step of the way. If you are an Automatic Delivery customer, please Contact Us to report changes in:
- Seasonal Usage
- A Move
- The Number of People in Your Household
- When You Add or Remove an Appliance
- If You Need to Use Your Propane Fired Back-up or Emergency Generator
If ever you think that something has changed in your household that might affect your usage, just call us and we will take care of the rest. If you are on Automatic Delivery, certain recurring events that we are already aware of or predictable weather related events do NOT need to be reported with each occasion such as:
- Anticipated increased usage for holiday cooking . Did you know that if you keep your oven on 350° with the door closed, you burn only approx. 2.3 gallons of propane in a 24-hour period? This can vary a bit, depending on the efficiency of your model however; most tanks sized for cooking hold an adequate 24-48 gallons.
- Before a storm. Unless your tank is less than 25% and we are not expected to deliver any time soon, you do not need to call. Our state-of-the-art forecasting system actually factors local outdoor weather conditions in predicting your need for delivery.
- Summer start up/closing of seasonal property or pool heater . If you provided this information when you set up your account, we will know what dates you will open for the season.
Test cycles for back-up or emergency generator use can be factored into your delivery schedule. Extended use is not considered “predictable weather related” usage. Automatic delivery customers should contact us if their generator goes into service for any extended period of time beyond regular testing cycles.
As good as our forecasting system is, it is only as good as the information we put into it. There are times when a change is unforeseen or goes unreported. For this reason, we suggest even our Automatic Delivery customers keep an eye on their gauge when passing by their tank. If ever you find your tank level to be below 25%, please call your nearest Delivery Department to be sure you are on schedule for delivery.
We have the ability to suspend automatic deliveries while you are away or out of town and can resume them by date or with your next call. We also have the ability to keep deliveries going so you do not have to worry. Please call the Delivery Department nearest you to discuss the best solution.
Life has a way of throwing us a curve now and then. Perhaps you have a need for space and are adding a new addition or perhaps you are adding a “new addition” and have a need for space! We can advise on your expansion project to help you find space heat solutions or tie into your existing home heating system. Contact one of our Energy Consultants for a free in home consultation today.