Location : Rochester, NH
Eastern Propane & Oil is looking for a full-time Lead Rail Terminal Operator to join our Rochester, NH location.
This safety sensitive position is responsible for the day-to-day activities at the North Rochester Terminal (“the facility”) and maintenance of the facility.
- Company Paid Health, Dental, Short Term DisabilityandLife Insurance
- Voluntary Life, Long Term Disability, Accident Death and Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Parenting Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts on fuel, appliances, and service
- 401-K Match up to 5%
- Opportunity for Growth
- Apply Today!
- Connect rail cars in any weather condition.
- Accurately monitor liquid inventory.
- Light maintenance of facility. (ie. paint, greasing pumps and unloading arms, lawn care, snow removal, etc.)
- Operate equipment to facilitate loading of propane trucks, and transports.
- Work extended hours as needed – overtime is required during the heating season.
- Due to equipment, fuels and other products being utilized, this individual must remain alert and focused and otherwise complete work in a safe manner, including reporting of any unsafe conditions to your supervisor immediately.
- Calculate correct gallons received in each railcar, by means of using dip tube and outage table.
- General mechanical ability and knowledge of gas plants.
- Be receptive of and competently use new technologies.
- Function effectively and efficiently in this safety sensitive position.
- Attendance is an essential function of this job.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Complete ALL work assignments safely and consistent with company, state and federal safety regulations.
- Detail oriented and possess basic computer skills.
- Self-starter, team player, and able to work at a fast pace.
- Completion of forms and paperwork in a neat, timely and accurate manner.
- Present a neat and clean appearance, including maintaining cleanliness of uniform.
- Share and team up with co-workers for mutual benefit and growth.
- Interact with customers and co-workers in a professional, respectful, and courteous manner and maintain confidentiality of all customer information.
- Maintain clean office area.
- Support Mission Statement, Vision and Core Values.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience Required:
- Read and write English and perform basic math skills.
- Submit to and pass Department of Transportation (DOT) drug and alcohol tests as administered from time to time.
- Ability to perform all functions of the job in every weather condition, day and night.
- Be minimum of 21 years old.