Location : Rochester, NH
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for efficiently processing payroll as well as answering questions, concerns and inquiries through a positive and respectful dialogue. The Payroll Specialist will be responsible for accurately processing weekly payroll which includes but is not limited to direct deposits, benefits withholding, payroll deductions, benefit spending accounts, federal and state payroll taxes, W-2’s with an understanding of wage and hour law compliance.
- Accurately and appropriately manage and respond to employee questions, concerns and inquiries.
- Provide employees with requested information by using application software or other appropriate means, and assist employee to achieve total satisfaction.
- Accurate preparation of documentation for data entry, perform data entry including entering employee information into computer system and maintain files as necessary.
- Adhere to payroll best practices by following established policies and procedures; reporting changes as needed.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintain and provide reports as needed.
- Interact with co-workers in a respectful and courteous manner.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately and successfully use Eastern’s payroll software system.
- Be receptive to and competently use new technologies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Complete work assignments accurately and timely.
- Pay close attention to detail in all facets of job.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Work closely and cooperatively with Human Resources.
- Keep all payroll information confidential and only use employee information in the context of assigned duties.
- Support Mission Statement, Vision and Core Values
Knowledge, Skills, Experience Required:
- Ability to navigate ADP Workforce Now software.
- Ability to create and deliver reports through ADP Workforce Now as necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to read and write English and perform basic math skills.
- Proficient with MS Office products with concentration in Excel.
- Extremely detail oriented.
- ERP system knowledge.
- Ability to meet deadlines by prioritizing duties.