Location : Rochester, NH
This position is responsible for leading the risk management, safety and training team. This position requires a thorough understanding of all safety-related laws, regulations, codes, and other information governing the Company and its employees. This position is also responsible for overseeing the communication of all safety related information throughout the Company and managing the development, implementation, and modification of training programming regarding safety policies, procedures and technical skills for all applicable employees. This position serves as Incident Response Coordinator and will be responsible for managing all technical requirements for responding to minor and major incidents.
- Company Paid Health, Dental, Short Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life, Long Term Disability, Accident Death and Vision Insurance
- Paid Parenting Leave
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401-K with 5% match
- Employee discounts on fuel, appliances, and service
- Opportunity for growth
- Apply Today
- Manage Risk Management and Safety team, including by conducting regular meetings to review projects in the ordinary course, and other tasks and ensure consistent communications.
- Stay abreast of all safety laws and regulations affecting the Company and ensure that the Company has all required state, federal and other appropriate safety related policies and procedures in place and regularly review and update policies and procedures.
- Promote a positive working environment that motivates all employees to exercise pride, integrity and personal ownership in their areas of responsibility and to strive for excellence.
- Develop, as needed, and oversee implementation and observance of all required state, federal and other appropriate safety related policies and procedures.
- Oversee the maintenance, review, revision, distribution and observance of Company Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), and coordinate with Safety Program Manager, human resources and operations to identify and address safety related performance issues.
- Work with insurance carrier to manage claims and reduce loss exposure.
- Promote and instill culture of safety throughout the Company. Mentor managers and supervisors regarding safety, compliance and training goals.
- Develop and oversee implementation of appropriate and effective risk management and loss prevention policies and procedures.
- Lead the development of the department’s annual calendar and curriculum for mandatory and elective training in coordination with operations management.
- Lead continued development and management of the apprentice programs.
- Responsible for the development and management of the department’s annual budget.
- Identify risk management and loss prevention issues, research and identify solutions to address/correct Company concerns and/or areas needing improvement.
- Oversee the creation, gathering and maintenance of all state and federal mandated safety required records, including but not limited to policies and procedures, DOT DQ files, employee qualification files, accident and investigation records, Federal Motor Carrier Safety CSA updates, etc.
- Oversee and coordinate accident/incident investigations and emergency response, including by responding to accident scene, as appropriate, investigating as to cause, compiling and maintaining all records and documents required, and mitigating loss.
- Proactively communicate and work cooperatively with insurance carriers as well as local authorities having jurisdiction of an accident whether at scene or not.
- Work with local and/or state officials to determine cause of accident.
- Conduct post-incident internal review and follow up for coaching purposes.
- Regularly review violations from DOT roadside inspections, and oversee challenges, including Data Q challenges and FMCSA CSA review.
- Promptly respond to technical and SOP related inquiries from employees.
- Coordinate with human resources and operations to develop and implement tech level testing.
- Work with other industry professionals on state and federal regulatory issues.
- Participate in PGANE and other state and industry associations
- Be receptive to and competently use new technologies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Share knowledge learned from incidents/accidents with local and regional management for training purposes to reduce future losses.
- Develop and mentor staff through supporting all company leadership training.
- Budget preparation.
- Assist, communicate and share knowledge and information with co-workers for mutual benefit and growth.
- Keep all customer and employee information confidential and only use such information in the context of assigned duties.
- Interact with customers and co-workers in a respectful and courteous manner.
- Consistent compliance with company Standard Operating Procedures, local, state, and federal safety and compliance regulations.
- Support Mission Statement, Vision and Core Values.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to develop, mentor and lead the Risk Management Department employees.
- Proficient knowledge of the National Fuel Gas Code (NFPA 54), Storage and Handling of Liquefied Propane Gas (NFPA 58) and Oil-Burning Equipment Standard (NFPA 31).
- Demonstrated ability to read and write English and perform basic math skills.
- Ability to perform all functions of the job in every weather condition, day and night, 7 days week.
- Proficient knowledge of Company Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Proficient knowledge of Company Safety Handbook.
- Proficient knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCS).
- Proficient knowledge of the Pipeline Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA) regulations
- Demonstrated ability to competently perform accident investigations.
- Highly organized with strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to perform multiple tasks
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
If you enjoy a fast-paced, dynamic work environment, are a great communicator, computer proficient and detailed oriented, we are interested in speaking with you!