Location : Loudon, NH
The Service Manager is responsible for the day-to-day activities of the Service Department and sets a high standard for safety leadership, customer service and internal growth. The position supervises Service Technicians and Service CSR’s facilitating effective communication within the department along with other stakeholders in the district including, sales, delivery and other staff Sound decision making relative to the scheduling and assignment of service work to ensure timely and safe installation and servicing of product to meet the customer’s needs. Facilitating effective communication and coordination of activities among Service Technicians and Service CSR’s.
- Ensure that all product sales, installations and servicing is handled in a timely, efficient and appropriate manner, including, but not limited to that they are performed consistent with all company policies and procedures, handbooks, manuals, and state and federal codes
- Maintain a proficient working knowledge of the Company’s safety policies and procedures and implementing them in connection with all servicing and installations
- Provide feedback and coaching to employees regarding performance, contributions and areas needing improvement on a consistent basis. Responsible for keeping Operations/Regional Manager informed of personnel related issues.
- Timely documentation and reporting of all accidents and work related injuries
- Supervise the following functions:
- Ensure all service orders, completed tickets, daily logs, and payments collected from customers are turned in daily by service
- Ensure all service & installation technicians are provided with appropriate documentation to be left at the customer location, i.e. safety packets
- Ensure work assigned to service & installation technicians is completed safely, the service vehicles are kept clean and technicians present neat and clean uniform appearance.
- Ensure that all work orders are priced accurately and put through billing in a timely manner
- Ensure that all appointments with our customers are kept or otherwise notified of a change in scheduling
- Ensure that Service Technicians and Service CSRs are providing customers with excellent customer service
- Ensure that related equipment, such as regulators, hoods, bases, etc. are utilized efficiently
- Customer satisfaction with regard to service inquiries is achieved
- Fundamental knowledge of the National Fuel Gas Code (NFPA 54) and Storage and handling of Liquefied Petroleum Gas (NFPA 58)
- Be receptive to and competently use new technologies
- Consistently communicate and demonstrate support for company’s corporate Core Values, Mission Statement and Vision
- Demonstrates leadership, enthusiasm and example setting to the department.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Management experience or management degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of relevant industry experience required.
- Candidate is required to reside within the office’s coverage area.
- Effective communication skills.
- Highly organized.
- Ability to delegate effectively.
- Ability to build strong relationships with subordinates and among other members of company management.
- Company Paid Health, Dental, Short Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life, Long Term Disability, Accident Death and Vision Insurance
- Paid Parenting Leave
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts on fuel, appliances, and service
- 401-K with 5% match