Thank you for ordering propane from Eastern. It is important for you to know what YOUR own responsibilities are with respect to your gas system. For the safety and protection of you and your family, please read the following statement of responsibilities:
- You are responsible to make sure that only qualified technicians install, service, repair, maintain and inspect the gas appliances and piping system inside your house or business and/or on your property. Eastern offers these services if you specifically order them from us. Other qualified technicians can include gas-certified plumbers, heating and cooling contractors, or appliance service companies.
- You are responsible to have your entire gas system, including all piping and appliances, checked by a qualified technician at least once a year. Eastern offers these services at your expense, if you specifically order them from us. However, if you do not ask us to conduct an annual check of your entire gas system, we will assume that you have hired another company to do this for you.
- You are responsible to read the safety literature that we provide to you about propane, and to follow the recommendations contained in it. You are responsible to share all of this safety information with every member of your household.
- You are responsible to immediately report all gas odors in your house or on your property to us or your local fire department immediately. If you have installed one or more electronic gas detectors or carbon monoxide detectors in your house, you are responsible to immediately report all gas or carbon monoxide alarms to your local fire department or to us. When you call us, you are responsible to strictly follow the instructions that we give to you, and to ensure that all family members and occupants of your house do so as well.
- You are responsible to provide written notice to us of all repairs, modifications, alterations or installations of gas appliances, piping, fittings or valves inside your house. If you provide such notice to us, we assume no duty to inspect, maintain or repair the appliances, piping, fittings or valves unless your notice includes a specific request for inspection, maintenance or repair and we agree to perform the same.
- You may never turn the valve on your propane container on. Whenever the valve is turned on, a leak check must be conducted on the entire piping system. This is required under the National Fuel Gas Code, NFPA 54. The leak check should be conducted by Eastern or by another qualified service company.
- You are responsible for contacting Eastern for a copy of our responsibilities.
Thank you for ordering oil from Eastern. It is important for you to know what YOUR own responsibilities are with respect to your oil system.
- You are responsible for your entire oil system, including the furnace, tank, piping, venting and vent alarm. You are responsible to make sure that only qualified technicians install, service, repair, maintain and inspect the oil system inside your house or business and/or on your property. Eastern offers these services if you specifically order them from us.
All orders and deliveries of fuel and services from Eastern are subject to the terms and conditions of your customer agreement with Eastern. If you do not have a current customer agreement in place, then the terms and conditions of Eastern’s current customer agreement apply.
We have previously provided to all our customers the booklet Propane Safety, which contains important safety information for you and your family. If you need another copy, please Contact Us immediately.
Propane Tank Ownership
Customers who own their own tanks are responsible for the upkeep and protection of the container. See the industry recommendations for your tank: