Assistance Programs

Financial Assistance to Help Pay for Home Energy Costs

The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) is available in all five states we deliver and service. Information can be found here. For additional info on your specific state and your local programs, we have provided additional resources below.


Maine State Housing Authority – Lower income households may qualify for heating assistance and energy improvements at no cost to you. Moderate-income households may qualify for low-cost energy loans. Heating assistance information can be found here.

Maine Community Action Partnership – Partners with county agencies to provide energy assistance, emergency fuel, heating systems improvement, and weatherization. Agencies and locations are listed here.


Home Energy Assistance Programs – Provides eligible households assistance with home heating services including heating system repair and replacement, and weatherization. Information on these programs can be found here.

Massachusetts Association for Community Action – Energy assistance programs provide fuel assistance, heating system repair and replacement, and weatherization. Agencies and locations are listed here. Please note, not all locations are able to offer the same assistance.

New Hampshire

Community Action Agencies accept applications to help with fuel assistance, electric assistance, or weatherization assistance programs. Information can be found here.

The Federal Energy Resources for Individuals and Homeowners Resource Guide outlines specific residential energy credits, tax incentives and programs available to NH residents. The full guide is available here.

Rhode Island

The Good Neighbor Energy Fund provides financial assistance to Rhode Island households who are unable to meet a current energy expense due to financial difficulty. Learn more here.

Keep the Heat On provides financial assistance to households that have either exhausted or are ineligible for all other state, federal or private heating assistance. Learn more here.


There are numerous options in Vermont to help with fuel, power, heat, and water for residents — whether you are currently renting or own a home. Programs include help with the following: heating your home, fixing or replacing a fuel tank, and weatherization. Information on these programs can be found here

Federal Assistance

Additionally, at the federal level, there are also USDA Rural Development – Single Family Housing Repair Loans & Grants, also known as the Section 504 Home Repair Program. This program provides loans to very-low-income homeowners to repair, improve, or modernize their homes. Grants are also available to elderly very-low-income homeowners to remove health and safety hazards. Information can be found here.

Choose Eastern

Choose Eastern and Join Our Family Today

As one of the largest family-owned and operated energy providers in New England, we are committed to being reliable, responsive, safe, and convenient to all our customers. We’re in your neighborhood.