Advantages of Propane
Advantages of Propane
Almost anything that runs on electricity can run on propane – more economically and reliably. Propane is efficient, readily available, plentiful, convenient to use and store, environmentally friendly, and safe. It’s also a quintessentially American energy source: 90% of the propane we use is produced in the U.S. (the other 10% comes from Canada and Mexico).
And, you don’t have to just take our word for it, hear from three local community members on why they all love propane and its benefits too!
NH Hiker, Christina Cozzens
New England Blogger, Jess Ann Kirby
MA Builders & Remodelers, Paul & Susan Kadilak
Major Benefits of Propane
Running your home off high-efficiency propane technology can result in lower energy costs while reducing your home’s carbon emissions. Propane is a diverse fuel source that can be used both in your home and throughout your community. Some of the benefits include:
- Propane-fueled cooking ranges generate up to 15% fewer full-fuel-cycle greenhouse gas emissions and 83% fewer sulfur oxide (SOx) emissions compared to electric ranges.
- Propane-fueled clothes dryers generate up to 42% fewer full fuel-cycle greenhouse gas emissions, 23% fewer nitrogen oxide (NOx) emissions, and 83% fewer sulfur oxide (SOx) emissions compared to electric dryers.
- When used in engines that are used off highway — applications like forklifts, commercial mowing, and construction — propane can reduce particulate matter, smog-producing compounds, and the building blocks of greenhouse gases by up to 40%.
- Unlike compressed natural gas, which is composed of the greenhouse gas methane, the primary components of propane autogas — propane and butane — are not potent greenhouse gases.
- Propane autogas vehicles can produce up to 22% fewer greenhouse gas emissions than gasoline vehicles throughout the full fuel cycle.
- NOx emissions are 34 times higher from a diesel school bus compared to a propane bus in a stop-and-go route. During a recent study with West Virginia University, NOx was reduced by 96% and carbon dioxide by 13% with their propane autogas bus.
Superior ROI Drives Propane Acceptance
Propane appliances have a short payback period. Initially, their purchase price can be more expensive than an electric model. Their high efficiencies mean you use less energy than appliances powered by electricity or fuel oil. You save money by using less fuel, achieving a faster ROI.
Modern, Consumer-Friendly Design
Everything from fork lift trucks to patio heaters run on propane. Consumers respond enthusiastically to propane’s planet-friendly track record, and you will be glad about its reliable supply, flat pricing cycles, and dependable performance. The bottom line: propane has come a long way in the past ten years, in both product design and modern design.
Expert Advice from Eastern Professionals
You have questions about how propane can fit into your home. We have answers. The best way to determine the most suitable fuel source for your home is to rely on Eastern’s experience and knowledge.
Ask an Eastern Energy Consultant for your free on-site consultation today.