As with any energy source, there is always the risk of danger, and it is important for you to be able to recognize when a problem occurs and what steps you should take to safely and quickly resolve it.
So whether you are using propane or oil in your home or business, Eastern is here to help make sure you feel completely comfortable.
- Please take the time to read through our FAQ’s carefully, and contact us at anytime if you have any questions about your safety or any of the safety information on this site.
- Learn what propane smells like. Eastern has scratch-and-sniff pamphlets to help your family recognize its distinctive odor.
- Know where gas lines are located, so you won’t damage them when digging or working in the yard.
- Change or clean furnace filters regularly as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Don’t store cleaning fluids, oil-soaked rags, gasoline, or other flammable liquids near a gas-burning appliance where vapors could be ignited by the pilot light.
- We will make sure you know where the gas lines are. Gas lines are in walls and ceilings and can be damaged during construction.