How Often Should I Have my System Checked?
Depending on your type of system and the fuel that you burn, maintenance requirements will vary. Check your appliance service manual for recommended maintenance schedules or contact your nearest Eastern Service Department to discuss the best schedule for you.
What Needs to be Maintained, Exactly?
Here are some maintenance tips that will help keep your system running safely and efficiently:
- Have your safety controls tested
- Have the gas piping tested for leaks
- Visually inspect your oil tank for signs of leakage
- Report propane tanks that appear to be un-level, excessively rusted, in disrepair, or in need of replacement
- Have a qualified technician annually clean your furnace, do a system check-up and determine the efficiency of the fuel burning equipment
Learn more about how our Service Protection Plans and find out how they can save you money
If you’re concerned that your furnace is inefficient or past its prime, bear in mind that new designs are available with efficiencies greater than 85-95% — that can mean significant savings for you. New tax incentives offer the potential for even greater savings. Contact us today for more information.