In general, there are certain maintenance practices that you should always keep in mind:
- Have your safety controls tested.
- Have the gas piping tested for leaks.
- Report propane tanks that appear unleveled, excessively rusted or in general disrepair.
- Visually inspect your oil tank for signs of leakage.
- Have a qualified technician annually clean your furnace, do a system check-up and determine the efficiency of the fuel burning equipment.
Do it yourself
Interested in learning what you can safely do to maintain your own appliances? Interactive, step-by-step information is available at the Propane Education & Research Council’s website at http://www.usepropane.com
Leave it to us
Some things will always need a professional, and of course we’re here for that. If you’d rather not worry about doing the rest yourself, save hassle and money with one of our Blue & Red Ribbon Service Protection Plans
Still overwhelmed? Want help figuring out the best maintenance schedule for you? Contact your nearest Eastern Service Department