Providing Service While Prioritizing Your Safety
Our New Safety Procedures Focus On You
Since March, Eastern Propane & Oil has been taking extra measures to keep our customers and the communities we serve safe.
We know that you depend on us to deliver fuel for home heating, hot water, cooking, and other needs. We are committed to maintaining reliable service and delivery while also limiting the potential spread of the coronavirus. We are continuing to deliver fuel and provide full service to your homes, including regular equipment maintenance and new equipment installations.
When scheduling a service appointment, we will confirm that you are comfortable with one of our service technicians entering your home and ask a few questions to confirm we can do so safely. You can expect to be asked the following:
- Is everyone healthy in your household?
- Is anyone in your home subject to quarantine or isolation as requested by a health care provider, state order, or otherwise? Some states require 14 days quarantine after entering the state. Are you subject to such an order?
- Can you and other members of your home remain in another area of the home while the work is being performed? Our service technicians will be wearing personal protective equipment; however, we ask that you are not in the same room or area as our techs while the service is being performed. If necessary, to speak with our techs, we ask that you remain at least six feet away from them.
- Where is your heating system located? Basement? Living space?
- Do you have a separate entrance to your basement or heating system location?
- You can also expect a follow-up call confirming your appointment the day before, verifying the information and questions asked above.
- For any in-person sales consultations, our energy consultants will wear a face mask and, if necessary, gloves and maintain physical separation of at least six feet from customers. Any proposals will be completed offsite after your appointment to limit personal contact.
If upon arrival, our technician does not feel the appointment can be completed safely for any reason, the tech will let you know and leave your home. We will then contact you regarding the need to reschedule your service appointment. Serving you and keeping you safe are our top priorities.
With more time being spent at home, you might be using more fuel. If you are interested in learning how to check your propane tank gauge, click here for a how-to video. For oil and kerosene customers, look for your gauge on the top or side of your tank. You can determine your tank level by reading the number next to the top of the floating marker.
For step-by-step instructions on how to create an online account, click here.
For step-by-step instructions on making a payment online, click here.
We are taking the following steps to ensure the safety and security of our employees and you, our valued customers.
- Eastern sanitizes company vehicles prior to the start of each shift.
- Eastern workspaces are cleaned before and after each use.
- Eastern follows protocols to ensure that any employees who are potentially affected stay at home.
- Eastern follows the guidelines for businesses set forth by both the CDC and the states in which we operate.
- Eastern’s delivery drivers are leaving the delivery slip at your tank after delivery instead of at/in your door. This is in an effort to limit potential personal contact.
Additional questions? Here are a few answers to some commonly asked questions related to how we are continuing to do business safely with you.